Ramadan Poetry

Good morning gorgeous girls and boys ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

I know a lot of you are observing Ramadan just now and that this has some similarities to what Christians do during Lent. During Ramadan, Muslims fast during daylight and then feast after sunset. This teaches discipline and makes them feel closer to Allah.

I admire the sacrifice you give during this month and have tried fasting a few times myself but only really last til about 4 o’clock in the day then I need my dilutingย  juice because I’ve been awake since 7 o’clock.

I’ve been reading poems about Ramadan and think there is something special about them. Have a read at this one which I really like –ย 

Your task is to write your own poem about Ramadan and what Ramadan means to you.ย If you are observing Ramadan in any way, use how you feel to help you write the poem. If you aren’t observing Ramadan, use what you know about it and what your friends have told you to write your poem.

Your poem doesn’t need to be as long as the poem I’ve posted above. Here are some features of poetry you have learned about that you might use when writing your poem –

ย 

Some ideas –

you could write an acrostic poem which is a poem like this –

You could write a haiku which is split into 3 lines. The first line has 5 syllables, the second line has 7 syllables and the third line has 5 syllables again. Like this –

The glorious moon,ย 

glistens on the ocean waves,ย 

what a sight to see.

You could write a rhyming poem in which the word at the end of each line, rhymes with the final word of the line before. For example –

Have fun with this task. I can’t wait to read all your poems and maybe I could even choose my favourite!

Here’s a wee video for you to watch too –ย 

Have a great day everyone, sending you lots of love,

Miss McCue xx

5 thoughts on “Ramadan Poetry

1. Miss that was a lovely video I recognised some people๐Ÿฅบ I canโ€™t wait for Eid but it wonโ€™t be the same as others but at least I get to spend it with some of my close family members i hope everyone is good!๐ŸŒโ˜บ๏ธ

1. I know Abeeha, Eid will be very different this year but well done for having such a positive attitude about it, even though itโ€™s going to be different. Your positivity inspires me โค๏ธโค๏ธ Can you check your mumโ€™s WhatsApp please? Iโ€™ve sent you a task to do.

1. Awwwhhhhhhh Thank you Miss McCue, YOUR positivity inspired me and still is because u are always in good moods to speak to us and Iโ€™m sure everyone else feels the same.โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿปx

1. You’re very kind Abeeha. I’m always in a good mood when I see all of your beautiful faces ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ

2. Awwwhhhh Thanks Miss McCue your positivity and positive attitude always inspired me and still is , and I want to thank you for that because I wouldnโ€™t have been as confident now if it wasnโ€™t for you. ๐Ÿฅบx