Tuesday – Maths, Modern Studies and Assembly.

Happy Tuesday guys ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

How did you get on with your guided reading yesterday? Did you see Mrs Alexanderโ€™s message? Itโ€™s always nice to see a friendly face.

Maths – Word problems. Have a go at these maths word problems. You may need to use the 4 operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) to work out the answers. ย Remember, word problems can be quite confusing so I always try to write down each step as I do it so for example this first one, I would do

• 272-223(children)=49
  • then I would do 49-16(teachers)=33
  • so there are 33 parents at the brass band competition.

Another tip when dealing with word problems is to not focus on the words so much. ย Sometimes, most of the words donโ€™t mean much and can just confuse people more because of all the reading.

Modern Studies – Coronavirus.ย  This task is hard work but lots of fun. You need to fill in the blanks for each column. You will need to use the internet to help you with this so it is a research task as well as a modern studies task. You could draw the table out on paper and send me a picture of it. I will post the completed table at the end of the week as it is really interesting to look at and compare what other countries are doing during this global pandemic.
Here is the Missing answers to the first one to help get you started: Country – Philippines, President – Rodrigo Duterte.

Check out the link below for this week’s assembly. The focus of the week is FAITH andย  your challenge this week is to send me pictures of you spending time with your family, this can be eating, cooking, praying or any other time you spend together. Well done to Zaynab who was Mr Stewart’s Star of the Week for her gorgeous pictures of the outdoors. ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ https://youtu.be/GCQ9dOEbfn4ย 

I hope you have a fantastic day. ย Sending you all lots of love,

Miss McCue xx

5 thoughts on “Tuesday – Maths, Modern Studies and Assembly.

1. Miss my Microsoft Teams still doesnโ€™t work and itโ€™s really annoying and the same way round with YouTube because I would love to see the assembly anyway enough about me miss๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚I hope your okay Iโ€™m just enjoying time with my family in the park what have you been doing??? Love you lotssssssss and miss you all lots Abeehaaaaaa๐Ÿค˜๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Šx

1. Aww Abeeha, this message has made me feel so happy โค๏ธโค๏ธ I’ve been enjoying spending time with family too. We are still trying to get Microsoft teams working. It’s taking some time which is annoying but we will get it sorted xx

1. Hi Sarmud, I am doing well thanks. How are you? Yes I will send you a message with your email address and then let me know if it allows you to sign in please. Thanks xx