Our Arts Performance 23.04.19

Our time working with The Conservatoire came to an end last week as we put on a performance which included all of our learning.

We have loved working with the talented tutors from The Conservatoire and have learned lots from them.

The title of our performance  is,
”An exploration of Scotland’s landscapes and the journeys we take through them expressed using the Creative Arts.”

On Tuesday, we performed for different classes in the school and we used this as our rehearsals.  Performers always rehearse before their main show to make sure everything is perfect.

Rehearsals were fun and the technical group managed to set up all the lights, sound desks and mics while we were rehearsing.  This is hard work but we knew how to do it quickly and correctly thanks to Lou’s amazing teaching over the past 6 weeks.

Performing in front of other pupils in the school made us nervous but we enjoyed ourselves anyway.  It was good for other pupils to see our learning as they had maybe never seen a performance like this before.

Our parents had been invited in to see our performance and we were so excited to show off our learning.
The performance was performed in promenade which meant the audience had to follow the performers as they performed.

Our parents absolutely loved our performance and gave us a massive round of applause at the end.  They were very proud of us and it felt good to be able to show off our learning.

Our families coming in to support us is so important for our learning.  We really appreciate them taking the time to come and see us and for sharing our learning with us.

This project has been a fantastic experience for all of us and we have learned lots – singing, movement, setting up lights, setting up mics, setting up sound and so much more.  The most important thing we have learned is that there are so many opportunities for successful careers in the arts.

2 Replies to “Our Arts Performance 23.04.19”

1. Miss I’m so angry because I was not there and I loved my job I wish I had magic to go back there and this time be there