Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all of our families! We hope you have a great 2019. Primary2 have enjoyed being back together in school and we have been learning lots of stuff.

We have been learning how to put numbers in the right place and we have been adding. (Wael)

We have been learning all our tricky words. (Hooriah)

We have been learning how to add things up. (Haadiya)

We have been learning how to order numbers from the biggest number to the smallest number. (Aamira)

We have learned to put numbers in order from the smallest to the biggest. (Ghaith)

We have been practising numbers on whiteboards. (Qasim)

I have been  learning sounds and writing them on whiteboards. (Ahmed)

We have been learning to count backwards and forwards. (Muaaz)

We have been learning about thousands and hundreds. (Uzair and Lily)

We have been learning about highest and lowest numbers. (Qasim)

We have been writing about our holidays. I had to remember to put capital letters at the start of my sentences and to put full stops at the end of my sentences. Sometimes you need to put an apostrophe in a word for example in we’ve or I’ve. This is because they are short for we have or I have. (Lily)

We were learning to draw somebody’s face to their shoulders. This is called a portrait. (Ahmed)

We have been doing warm ups in P.E. This is warming up your muscles and it gives you strength. (Inaya and Aydin)

We have been counting in tens. (Ghaith)

We have been checking numbers for partners to find out if they are odd or even. (Muhammed)

We hope you have a good weekend.

From Primary 2.