All Falkirk Council early years practitioners should have a working knowledge of the Building the Ambition national practice guidance document; which was published by Scottish Government in August 2014 to set the context for high quality ELCC. Setting management teams should ensure that they and their staff use the “putting the guidance into practice” questions and the guidance about what babies, toddlers and young children need in ELCC settings, for training, professional dialogue and reflection, monitoring and self-evaluation purposes, thus ensuring their practice creates “caring and nurturing settings that allow wellbeing, communication, curiosity, inquiry and creativity to flourish.”
A copy of Building the Ambition can be found here or through the links section.
BtA National Improvement Hub
Please refer to the following website to ensure that the CookSafe procedures in your establishment are up to date.
Care Inspectorate have created an on-line support tool called The Hub.
The Hub provides ‘one-stop-shop’ access to a range of resources aimed at supporting improvement in the social care and social work sectors through the use and sharing of intelligence and research-led practice.
Accessible to all, the Hub provides a central point of access to a wide range of features, including:
- A library of good practice guidance
- Information on the latest developments in policy and legislation
- Video based examples of innovative practice
- Guidance to help users carry out their own research
- Toolkits and resources aimed at supporting improvement
The Hub also supports a number of the Care Inspectorate’s purposes, including:
- Acting as a catalyst for change and innovation
- Supporting improvement and signposting good practice
Click here for the link to The Hub