EWHCF Class of 2021

June 26, 2020
by G Atkinson
0 comments

P6B Blog 26.06.20

Mr Atkinson’s Comment

As this is our final blog of P6B I would like to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to all the parents and guardians of P6B for your continued support over the year.

It has been a pleasure to teach all of you and watch you go from strength to strength. You are going to be a fantastic P7 class! You have all demonstrated resilience, adaptability and perseverance over the course of the last few months both in the Hub and at home. When you think back on your time spent in P6B remember your wonderful performance in the school show, the trip to Dynamic Earth and your Solo Talks – to name a few. The Google Classroom will stay open over summer but no new work will be posted. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. Today I posted my final video for P6 in our Google Classroom, I hope it brings a smile to your faces. Some of the boys and girls of P6B have summarised what they did this week for the class blog. Thank you again for sharing your experiences of home learning, Google Classroom and the Hub.

Abi

I have really enjoyed the last week of P6! The Sumdog competition that we have been doing is especially fun! Also, throughout the week Mr. Atkinson has been posting fun activities to lead up to our fun virtual school trip on Friday! I have really enjoyed P6 this year and I will miss P6! Although I am excited for the summer holidays even if we can’t go anywhere. I hope everyone has a great Summer holiday!

Aryan

Hello all, this week has been excellent. It’s the last week of school. I have enjoyed doing the activities this week, as there are different challenges to do. I have enjoyed doing the sumdog competition and I am excited for the virtual school trip to the zoo on Friday. Hope everyone has a great summer, and you will all be missed. Mr Atkinson, thanks for being an awesome teacher.

June 21, 2020
by G Atkinson
0 comments

P6B Blog 19.06.20

Mr Atkinson’s Comment

It has been a very busy week for P6B! A few exciting activities are happening next week; I have entered the class into an East Renfrewshire Sumdog competition and we have our virtual trip on Friday. Remember to carefully read the morning announcements and listen to the daily video updates. I hope everyone enjoys the last week of P6! This week I asked some of the boys and girls of P6B to write about their week for the class blog. Thank you again for sharing your experiences of home learning, Google Classroom and the Hub.

Dhruv

“My week has been great. I did fun activities like making a bridge that had to hold as much weight as possible, making songs on chrome music lab and making a flappy bird game where my high score is 74 and my mums is 2. This has been a great week.”

Aryan

“This week has been a good week. I finished off my personal project, this was a task which I truly enjoyed doing since being on google classroom.  I enjoyed the Stormbreaker task where we were to invent a gadget. That was fun. I helped my sister doing her challenges also, where I had to be put in a recovery position. This took many attempts.”

Austin

“This week I have enjoyed creating a new gadget for Alex Rider. I have also spent some time playing Jenga and painting pebbles I found. I enjoyed the science task where I had to see if a range of solids would dissolve into hot and cold water.”

Euan

“This week I had fun and really enjoyed deciding a gadget for Alex Rider. It was hot this week. It was fun in the garden and paddling pool.”

June 15, 2020
by G Atkinson
0 comments

P6B Blog 12.06.20

Mr Atkinson’s Comment

It was great popping into Crookfur Primary School this week to work with some of the pupils attending the Hub. It has also been brilliant to see how resourceful and hardworking the P6B pupils have been with some of the Google Classroom tasks. Remember to pay particular attention to the morning announcements and daily videos as there will be a few changes over the next couple of weeks. This week I asked some of the boys and girls of P6B to write about their week for the class blog. Thank you again for sharing your experiences of home learning, Google Classroom and the Hub.

Abi

“This week I have really enjoyed reading Stormbreaker, it has been very interesting reading about Alex Rider’s life. This week I have been in the hub, it has been really nice going back to Crookfur and seeing more people. It has also been really nice listening to millions read by both the teachers every night. This week has been really great and especially fun because it has been sports week. I have really enjoyed watching all the motivational videos that Mr McMillan has been posting, I hope everyone has a great weekend!”

Aryan 

“This week I have enjoyed doing Chrome Music Lab and science activities. I also played football with coaches and read Stormbreaker. I have enjoyed writing as well.”

Euan

“This week I had fun making a bridge for science and seeing how many cans it could hold. I tried 6 but I think it could have been more. I have been doing my exercises for sports week everyday and going for walks. The motivational videos have been very interesting. I got a new game Minecraft Dungeons. It is really fun to play. There is a new TV series of Alex Rider on Amazon which is awesome.”

June 12, 2020
by gw18estlickjemma@glow
0 comments

P6a Class Blog – 12/06/20

On Monday I liked the daily check-in.

Today for writing we had to write a script for a new scene in our favourite TV show it was quite hard but also very fun! (Rokaia)

I liked the maths challenge that we did today, it was fun. (Muskaan)  

Today, I did my stop motion movie for ICT, it was very fun and I enjoyed it quite a lot. Every week I am getting better. This week I added sound and changed the colour of the background. I also added drawings to it. Next week i will get even better i hope. The app that i use is called stop motion.(Kai Parker)

On Monday we received our Wraparound Spelling. We have been doing daily tasks on our Wraparound Spelling document, and this week our sound was “ng”. We had to come up with lots of words with these sounds, and stretch, count, and make sentences with these words as well as lots of other activities too. -(Ayla Munir)

This week on Friday we had a reading task and you had to name 4 nouns, 4 verbs and 4 adjectives .

(Louis)

On Friday for art we got to make a song in chrome music lab. I enjoy making these because once you’re done you get to listen to your creation and there is just something really satisfying about that because you know you have finished and have created a masterpiece!    – (Cara)

I really liked doing work this week because it was Sports Week! This year because of lockdown we got a sheet of paper where we could write how many of each exercise we did. I really liked doing this because I knew I was getting fitter and healthier.

( Aizah )

June 8, 2020
by gw18estlickjemma@glow
0 comments

P6a Class Blog – 05/06/20

I liked spelling today(Amy)

On Monday we did maths. The mathletes finished their numbers booklet as well. (Louis)

Today is Tuesday and for writing, we had to write a biography about someone who inspires you. ( Rokaia ) 

I  liked doing today’s maths. (Muskaan)

My favourite thing about this week was welcoming Ellis back to Crookfur.  I’m really pleased he is in P6a this time.  I also enjoyed the writing task this week when I got to write about Bugha the Fornite player.  (Lewis)    

I loved to do the writing task and reading all your lovely comments about me coming back. Thankyou all so much 🙂 (Ellis)

June 8, 2020
by G Atkinson
0 comments

P6B Blog 05.06.20

Mr Atkinson’s Comment

Another brilliant week in P6B! I’m so proud of everybody with how hard they have been working on Google Classroom, at home and also in the Hub. This was our last week of the top contributor recognition, so I decided to give it to everyone as you have all put in some much effort into the allocated tasks and activities. This week I asked some of the boys and girls of P6B to write about their week for the class blog. Thank you again for sharing your experiences of home learning, Google Classroom and the Hub.

Ismail

“For ict I did hour of code. For science I made a paper chain bigger than me.”

Dhruv

“This week has been great. I did a fun activity for science where I had to make a bridge and had to make it strong so it could hold as much weight as possible. I also enjoyed coding this week. The tennis courts at my club have opened and I have had fun playing with my dad and my friend. It has been a fun week.”

Chloe

“This week I did my comprehension on Stormbreaker which was really interesting because it is in the middle of the book and I usually find that the most exciting part. I also quite enjoyed my rounding to the nearest ten maths on Monday and Wednesday. Yesterday I did a fun bubbles experiment, we put bubble mixture into a cup and a bowl and put a straw into it and blew. There were so many bubbles. Then me and my brother had a competition, to see who could make the most bubbles and the biggest one. I blew so hard it made bubbles fly all over the kitchen. It was so funny.”

Zara

“I have had a good week. I enjoyed the next chapter of Stormbreaker and it is getting really exciting. I also liked doing the maths challenges this week. I had fun baking a cake with my mum as well.”

Molly

“I was playing on scratch and animating drawings. It was quite fun actually.”

Euan

“I had a good week. It was good to spend time in the sun and see my grandparents in the garden. The story is getting more exciting in Stormbreaker. For science my sister and I had fun seeing what would dissolve in hot or cold water. Mr Atkinson’s ice bucket challenge was funny!”

June 2, 2020
by gw18estlickjemma@glow
0 comments

P6a Class Blog – 21/05/20

Thursday: First up in the morning today we have science and we have to pick an activity from the grid, after our lunch break we have ICT we can also pick an activity from the grid and in the afternoon we have maths: we complete 20 questions on sumdog and do our problem solving. We also can do our spelling today if we didn’t do it yesterday and we have to fill out the daily check-in and complete our daily wraparound spelling. Today’s GSC At Home video is about “Fish in a bowl”  So we stare at an image and then it disappears but we can still see it. It was very interesting! (Rokaia)

I liked doing the wrap around spelling yesterday.(Muskaan) 

For the science activity today I made a zip line and it was really good fun.  I made an action video with different effects using slo-mo and music and sliding pictures.  I have put it on the stream so you can see it. (Lewis)

Today for ICT I really enjoyed making the stop motion movie.  I also had fun mixing food colouring with oil and then adding that to warm water and then watching fireworks inside my glass (Aliyah). 

I liked the spanish task (Kailah)

I liked doing spanish yesterday because it made me think of words because we have not done it in a while.(Lauren Mcgarrirty)

I like daily check in and writings because they are just really fun 🙂 (amy mcarthur)

Today is Thursday the last working day of the week because Friday is a holiday!

Today first up we have Science and for it I made a zip line for my Lego figure to go on. Next we had ICT and in ICT I finished an hour of code. After that we had maths and we completed one worksheet from our maths workbook and sumdog I enjoyed today! – Aizah Tahir.

This week was short because of the holiday.  We could choose a science activity.  I choose to make fireworks with oil, water and food colouring.  It was fun to watch. (Andrew)

It was fun doing the Spanish this week.  It made me think of going on holiday but we can’t go this year so I won’t be able to practise my Spanish on holiday until another time.  (Lewis)

May 31, 2020
by G Atkinson
0 comments

P6B Blog 29.05.20

Mr Atkinson’s Comment

It may have been a short week but P6B have been very busy working through their Google Classroom tasks and some of P6 pupils have even joined in with the P7s as they take part in the Loch Down Lodge activities. My top contributor for this week is Zara! Well done for designing an excellent zip line and testing it multiple times. This week I asked some of the boys and girls of P6B to write about their week for the class blog. Thank you again for sharing your experiences of home learning, Google Classroom and the Hub.

Orla

“This week was really fun and we had lots of fun activities to do. At the start we had Maths, Spanish and some comprehension. Then at the end we had some science, ICT and Expressive Arts! Every week we have something called a Top Contributor and it is for the person/people who contribute to our Google Classroom the most, last week there were multiple people who won it. I hope next week will be as fun as this week was and hopefully we can go back to school soon.”

Dhruv

“I had fun this week. I did an expressive art activity, made a stop motion movie and did a cool science experiment. I also had fun playing outside with my sister.”

Euan 

“This week was fun and nice outside and we have been for walks and played in the garden. I enjoyed my science task which was adding oil with food colouring to hot water and seeing it bubble.”

Zara

“This week was a good week because we had a few days holiday and the weather has been great. I enjoyed doing the Zipwire task and watching things fly down the rope. I have been helping my mum prepare for my little sister’s birthday.”

Austin

“This week has been good, I am still really enjoying Stormbreaker and looking forward to the new Alex Rider series starting next week on Amazon Prime. I was one of the Top Contributors last week which made me very happy. I have spent a lot of time outside this week and I’ve been out on my bike and spent time in my paddling pool.”

Aryan

“This week was a good week! The weather has been awesome, I worked on some football in the garden. I’m enjoying Stormbreaker as its getting quite intriguing. I helped my mum make pakoras which was GREAT fun.”

May 27, 2020
by G Atkinson
0 comments

P6B Blog 21.05.20

Mr Atkinson’s Comment

Well done P6B for working so hard on Google Classroom and at the Hub! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments in the Daily Check In documents. My top contributors for the week are: Aryan, Austin, Orla, Euan, Dhruv, Abi, Owen, Chloe and Rachel. Well done to all of you for submitting your Home Learning Log on the final day of school last week. Completing the Home Learning Log is so important as it lets me see what you have been doing in the other curricular areas over the course of the week. This week I asked some of the boys and girls of P6B to write about their week for the class blog. Thank you again for sharing your experiences of home learning, Google Classroom and the Hub.

Millie-Anne

“I feel my work went well today and this afternoon I am going to go for a cycle with my Mum. Hope you all enjoy the sunshine.”

Zara

“This week was a really good week! I really enjoyed doing the poem and trying to rhyme two words together. I liked measuring the different rooms in my house and calculating the area and perimeter of them. I also helped my mum buy some gifts for my littles sister’s birthday. On Wednesday it was a nice day so we decided to have a BBQ before the rain comes back. I hope everyone enjoys the bank holiday weekend.”

Rebecca 

“I had a nice week, we have been on some lovely walks! Since my mum is a teacher her work colleagues bought her some amazing cupcakes, my brother and I got to try one. For my school work I really enjoyed doing code combat.”

Abi

“This week has gone so fast! My favourite thing this week was writing. In writing this week we were doing poems, doing the ABAB pattern and making sure we rhyme in the right places. My poem was about Summer and the beach. I also liked drawing a house then calculating the area and perimeter of the rooms I had drawn. In ICT I have done some Tinkercad. I’m sure everyone has had a great sun fun filled week, have a great bank holiday and a great weekend!”

Rachel 

“Today was great! I’m at the hub with my friend Abi and today’s work was really fun because we got to do science and then ICT. After that we did Maths!”

Dylan

“This week I enjoyed making a domino chain for science. I have been looking after my new puppy and will be helping my mum put my new bed together later.”

Aryan 

“This week was good! I enjoyed doing codecombat, writing and playing my new game that I got. I liked doing the science and stem grid activities and ICT. I enjoyed doing maths and problem solving.”

Austin

“I have enjoyed this week. I particularly liked doing the experiment for science where I had to mix the oil and water. I also really enjoyed drawing out the floor plan for maths so that I could calculate the area and perimeter. I spent time out cycling with my dad this week and made a healthy smoothie.”

Dhruv

“I have enjoyed doing hour of code in ict where I had to make my own google logo using scratch, making a chain reaction course and making the poem. I have also enjoyed practising for the talent show.”

May 17, 2020
by gw18estlickjemma@glow
0 comments

P6a Class Blog – 15/05/20

Today I did the problem solving and it was fun. (Muskaan)

Today I did my daily check in and that was fun telling everyone what my answer was. (Amy)

Today I made a tall tower and shook it to see if it would fall for science. (Lauren)

For art this week I recreated Say So by Doja Cat on chrome music lab and it was very fun because we could recreate any song we liked but it might not come out perfect. (Rokaia)

For Expressive Arts I did the photography using different camera angles.  We had to take 5 photos of the same thing but from 5 different angles.  It was really good fun and interesting to see the results from different angles.  I then used an app on my phone to put all 5 images into 1 collage so all the angles could be seen in the 1 photo.  The app was good fun too as you could add borders and swap round all the photos.  (Lewis)