Distance Learning – Day 50

This is the last day of Inquiry of Week and I have a few more of the children’s project to share with you. Inquiry Week was a great opportunity for the children to take ownership of their own learning, providing them personalisation and choice.

For instance, Grace in our class is passionate about ballet and we are all very proud of her success with the Scottish Ballet.  However, she has admitted herself that she did not know much about the history of ballet or of Scottish Ballet. Given her normally hectic schedule with school and extra-curricular activities, she wouldn’t have time to research this topic that is close to her heart. She has used Inquiry Week to research ballet and has produced a written report with lots of historical facts.

Again,  Lucy shares a  common passion to me, the Harry Potter book series. She has used her time this week to research into the making of the movies and particular the magical creatures.  I like the parchment background used in the slides.

Wint has done her inquiry into the very interesting phenomena, the Mandela Effect. Give it a Google search, you won’t be disappointed.

Zac has continued his interest in animals, and particular big cats, with this presentation on tigers. Love the thank you dance!

George’s inquiry is about peregrine falcons. Great illustration as always.

Aatish has made great use of diagrams and tables in his inquiry presentation.

Jamie has been looking at a few very interesting questions about space and grappling with some huge numbers.

Ibrahim has been looking into the rules of basketball, old and new, and learning a few new skills along the way.

When sharing work with your teacher, you should always share through Google drive in the first place otherwise it may become lost in the mountain of emails teachers received. Here is another pleasant surprise I found in my emails from last week. These are Safa’s drawings from Field Trip Week and they are great.

This is Safa’s “Starry night” and it captures perfectly the movement that Van Gogh has in his paintings. Look at that sky!

This is Safa’s very friendly-looking Mars buggy.