Distance Learning – Day 49

The children’s inquiries have been slowing arriving today and I hope to share them with you over the next two days. Jemma’s inquiry was to plan and make a 3-course meal for her family. Here is her PowerPoint presentation.

I like that her inquiry has lots of different elements to it and she has executed them in a logical order. She carried out a survey, she did research both online and offline, created a menu, a shopping list and recipes. My favourite part is her great feedback from her family and of course the delicious food.  Can I book a table for three in the name McKenna when lockdown ends?

This is Lea’s inquiry on Ada Lovelace. Lovelace was a famous mathematician and widely thought to be the first computer programmer ever.

Zac shared with me this presentation of the endangered snow leopard.  I liked all the facts and the quiz at the end. My son loved the Stitch gif at the end so here’s my impression for all the Stitch fans.

Teachers at Mearns Primary (and other schools) have two email accounts: the main email that we use every single day and our glow account which is connected to all our Microsoft and Google apps. The Glow account receives an email every time I or one of my pupils does something online, like making a comment or handing in an assignment on Google classroom. As you can imagine with more than 30 pupils this account receives over 100 emails a day and is very difficult to manage. However, every now and again I check the account and I am sometimes treated to a nice surprise like Jemma’s presentation you just saw and this one too. Lea has created this great summary of our amazing Field Trip Week. I particularly love the Mars gif on Day 5. Very cool!