Homework 27/09/21

Good afternoon everyone, hopefully you have had an enjoyable weekend.

Phonics homework this week will follow a similar theme to before where the children can choose activities from the attached list. In class this week we are going over what we have done so far in primary 2  so there are a number of different phonemes being used in their words. If you are looking to extend their learning any, I would suggest asking them to write words they can think of using the sounds oy, qu, ck, sh, ch, ng, th, wh, ph, oa, ai, ee, oo or even spotting them in their environment. Please do not feel you need to send this work in to me. If your child would like to show what they have been doing I will happily look over it with them but until I issue homework jotters there is no requirement for this.

Active Spelling Homework

Reading homework has been allocated on Bug Club. This will not be gone over in class until tomorrow (Tuesday) so if I could ask that the children do not complete it until then. There have been a few changes within the reading groups with some children showing that they were ready to move up levels. 3 children have changed reading group – if this affects your child I have written it in their yellow diary today.

This weeks books are:

Book Bandits – Zip and Zap at the Zoo

Page Pirates – Draw with Penny

Word Wizards – King Pip and the Wish

Sound Stars – Cookies

I have also allocated children books that they have not had the opportunity to access yet for them to read at their leisure. This may be useful to form part of a nightly reading routine.

Numeracy homework will be distributed tomorrow and will take the form of a worksheet that your child can complete and return to me on Friday this week.

As always, if you have any concerns or questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me via the yellow diaries or by seeing me at the door at 3pm.

Mrs MacNee