Homework wb 7th Feb

Sorry for the late post today. We have a short week this week and next week meaning that homework will be slightly different.

Reading books will be distributed tomorrow to the class and posted on here afterwards.

For phonics this week we are consolidating the sounds au, ew, ow (owl) and ou. I have attached a suggested word list but feel free to allow your child to build their own. (Sound stars should continue to work on the words given out last week).

This week is Children’s Mental Health week at school. On Thursday we will be taking part in a fundraiser called ‘Dress to Express’ in aid of the charity Place2Be. Full details of this can be found on the main Gargieston blog. I look forward to seeing the class showing their personalities through their clothing. https://blogs.glowscotland.org.uk/ea/gargiestonpsandecc/

Instead of posting numeracy homework for this week I would like to encourage all of the class and their families to do something that benefits their mental health. This may be just having a conversation with another person, or going for a walk. For some people reading or writing have a positive impact on their mental health. Whatever you and your child do, let us know. It may just give someone else in our class a good idea.

Mrs MacNee