Let’s get busy!
– Watch this video.
– Use these words to Look, Say, Cover, Write & Check like you do in your homework. Watch your spelling and handwriting – remember your JOINED PHONEMES! We’ll try spelling and dictation with them tomorrow.
– Watch this video. Listen carefully to the words.
We said yesterday that these books all have rhyming words and that rhyming words are words that sound the same.
Want a challenge?
– Collect a ball or bean bag if you have one and work with a member of your household only. (If you don’t have any of these items the game is a throwing and catching game so find something safe to toss to your partner or just clap your hands when it is your turn.)
– Watch this video. Take turns with a partner at shouting out rhyming words.
– Try out these words to give you some ideas.
get small cot loop
– Think of your own words and try to find more rhymes than your buddy. Don’t take too long, repeat your rhymes, drop the ball or the other player wins. The winner is the last person to think up a rhyme on their turn. Happy rhyming everyone!
You know what to do. No counting – estimate how many pegs you see here.
– Let’s warm up. Watch this video.
Remember we said in class that you need to look for the parts you do know.
You are using the strategy of counting on to work out these answers.
For today’s work we need to be detectives. We need to hunt for clues to help us with our trickier missing numbers in a sequence.
– Here is a number square to help you if you need it.
– Copy and fill in the missing numbers. Remember look for what you do know, check what the sequence is jumping up in.
Want a challenge?
– For each of the missing numbers you found out above, circle with GREEN the numbers you know are EVEN and circle with RED the answers you know are ODD. Remember it’s the Ones number at the end of each number that you look at to decide if the whole number is ODD or EVEN. Get your thinking caps on!
OTHER CURRICULAR AREAS IDEAS
– As part of ‘Onthank on Foot’, go for a walk and wear odd socks. Remember to take a photograph for your Blog.
– As part of Positive Choices Week choose another activity to help keep you happy, healthy or calm. Send a picture to Mr McIlwraith if you like.