Thursday 14th January
Reading Comprehension: How to Look after a Dog
Here is some information to read that is all about looking after a dog. Read the information carefully two or three times.
If there are any words that you are finding tricky, remember you can
- Look at the first letter
- Look for phonemes you know
- Break the word into smaller chunks or syllables
- Sound out the word
- Read on to the end of the sentence and then have a think about what word might make sense
- Ask a grown up to help you
- Once you have tried hard with the reading yourself, you could click the ‘Read Aloud’ button at the top of the page and follow along with the reading if you need some more help.
Next you will find some questions about what you have just been reading. Check back through the information you read to see whether you can find the answers.
You could print the answer sheet and write on it, note your answers on paper, or chat about the answers with a grown up at home.
Click on the link that matches the reading group that you are in. Your teacher told you this information by email a few days ago.
Purple and Red Reading Groups:
Blue Reading Group:
Green and Yellow Reading Groups:
- Writing task-details and worksheets in the Red/Blue and Green/Yellow group tabs.
- Look in the ‘Files’ tab in Teams for the Active Literacy Resources folder.
- In the folder there are single and joined phonemes that look a bit like the magnetic letters you use in class
- You can print them out if you have a printer. Or write them out on bits of card or paper to make your own set of Active Literacy letters.
Tuesday 12th January 2021
I’m trying something new-I hope you can download the worksheet and watch the video.
This task is for all Literacy Groups and you will be given a further task tomorrow in your group.
Watch the video (a few times if you want)-it’s really funny.
Then I would love you to download and/or print the planning sheet (link below) and follow the instructions.
Have fun and get creative!