All three school communities came together on Saturday for our annual Kirkcolm Mini Walk to raise funds for our schools and to enjoy a social fitness activity together.
Despite the threat of rain, the weather stayed dry enough to allow our walkers to enjoy a run or a stroll around the beautiful scenery of our Kirkcolm coastal area.
First, second and third places are awarded for the boys and girls completing the course in the quickest time. The first boy and girl tied, crossing the line together. The results are as follows:
- George Keith – Kirkcolm P6
- Danny Dougan – Kirkcolm P5
- James Turtle – Kirkcolm P6
- Olivia Turtle – Kirkcolm P7
- Izzy White – Portpatrick P7
- Miley Adams – Kirkcolm P7
Our Winners: Olivia & George
The route followed along the Corsewall Estate Coastal Path. A very well done to everyone who walked or ran the course. There was great camaraderie and high spirits as everyone progressed around the route.
We are very grateful to those who were sponsored to take part in the event. Each school has raised their own total, which will be announced shorty. The money will be put to very good use for the children.
Our schools would like to thank:
- Our parents and families who planned and organised the mini-walk
- The Carrick-Buchanan and Milroy family for their kind permission to walk on their land
- The volunteer marshals
- Lidl and Tesco for the donation of refreshment
- and to ALL the children and families who fundraised and participated to raise money for our three fantastic wee schools! We applaud each and every one of you who took part.
Enjoy these photographs from the event: