We are delighted to announce that the North Rhins Trio Partnership has been awarded our Anti-Bullying Ambassador Respect Badge!
Our Primary 6 pupils along with our house captains underwent anti-bullying ambassador training as part of the Diana Award. As a results, and in combination with our Rights Respecting Schools Silver Award, our pupils have completed an action plan of 6 activities to gain this award.
- Educating students on children’s rights through a year long, whole school assembly programme focussed on UNCRC Rights of the Child, Rights Respecting Schools and Global Goals
- The creation of Rights As We See It Video showcasing children’s views on their rights and their importance
- Whole school awareness events such as anti-bullying week and a week of kindness etc.
- Diversifying our school library through digital book readings
- The creation of a new monthly Respect award, as defined by our pupils
- The creation a whole school diversity and inclusion pledge by our pupils
We have been highly praised for our work in key areas that demonstrate and support a culture of respect. Have a read at our award feedback to find out how well all of our pupils have worked in key areas:
The Diana Trust wrote this lovely comment:
Thanks so much for sending over your evidence form for the Respect Badge. We’ve reviewed your evidence and we were overwhelmed with how much thought and effort you’ve put into your anti-bullying initiatives. It seems like all of the activities have had a great impact on the students in your school and we really like that you use such creative ideas to support your campaign. The video is amazing and the diversity and inclusion pledge is a fantastic action which I am sure will be a long term feature in your school.
Congratulations, we are awarding you the Respect Badge! This is a fantastic achievement and the team should be very proud.’
Here is a link to a Sway explaining more about our new respect award:
Here is the inclusion pledge created by our pupils. Special thanks go to Miley & George for all their work on producing our pledge.
Well done to our anti-bullying ambassadors AND all of our pupils who have been involved as whole school communities to promote RESPECT FOR ALL!
# Responsible Citizens
# Effective Contributors