Free School Meals and Clothing Grants
Check if you are eligible for free school meals and clothing grants below. Forms are on a link at the bottom of the page.
Free school meals
Free school meals are provided for all pupils in Primary 1, 2 and 3 as well as those families on qualifying benefits.
Free School Meals/Clothing Grants
Free School Meals can lead to a large saving each year, parents of primary school children can potentially save £361 and parents of secondary pupils can potentially save £370. You will also be helping your child’s school if you qualify for Free School Meals. Some Scottish Government funding provided directly to schools is linked to the numbers of pupils who are registered as entitled to free school meals.
Your child will receive free school meals if you are in receipt of the following:
· Income Support
· Job seeker’s Allowance (Income based)
· Employment and Support Allowance (Income based)
· Child Tax Credit on its own, with an annual taxable income of less than £16,105 (subject to change)
· Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit with an annual taxable income of less than £6,900 (subject to change)
· Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· Universal Credit with a monthly earned income of not more than £610
1. Families in Receipt of Council Tax Reduction.
Existing Families in receipt of Free School Meals/Clothing Grant
Families currently receiving Free School Meals/School Clothing Grant that are currently in receipt of Council Tax Reduction, will automatically be reassessed and payments will be issued. This assessment of Free School Meals will also include £134 School Clothing Grant for all eligible children.
If you are still eligible the following year, your award will automatically roll over. You must tell us if there are any changes to your circumstances, you can do this by completing a change in circumstances form, which can be found below.
· Change of parent/carer to be awarded the Clothing Grant
· Change of bank details
· Change of address
Families not currently in receipt of Free School Meals/Clothing Grant.
Auto Enrolment – If you are in receipt of Council Tax Reduction and do not currently have Free School Meals, we will contact you if you meet the qualifying criteria above. This will be an auto award for Free School Meals/Clothing Grants, however, you will have the option to opt out. Please look out for your letter in the post.
This assessment of Free School Meals will also include £134 School Clothing Grant for all eligible children.
For more information click on the link below.
You can apply for free school meals and a clothing grants below.