Douglas Ewart High School

Hello, today I am going to tell you about my induction days at Douglas Ewart High School in Newton Stewart.

The school itself was quite big, sporting a shiny look. We met in A Hall with the rest of the P7s. After a bit we were taken to D hall to have an assembly that explained the school rules and expectations. Afterwards, we got our timetables, ties, and moving leaflet. I made my first friend in second period, who was called Kyran. In most of the classes it was a quick review of the rules for each class, and in some, a quick quiz about the subject. Just before 6th  period, the fire alarm went, and I noticed just how big the field and school was. At the end of the day, we made a “Rainbow Fizz” in science, but because we poured in our chemicals too quickly, it all spilt. On the second day, we wrote letters to ourselves at the end of first year in English. We had a bag to write on to order our lunch, which we did in SET (Student Enhancement Time), at the start of the day. I had sparkling strawberry water with a tuna mayo sandwich and a chocolate brownie for lunch. I hope to explore the menu next year. Along with the school, there’s also a leisure centre next door, which I think is used for PE sometimes. The subject I’m looking forward to the most is Home Economics, because I’ll get to take home the food I make. Originally, I was reluctant to go, because I didn’t want to leave my comfort zone, but it turns out Douglas Ewart wasn’t so bad after all. Now, homework might change that opinion, but it probably won’t.