My Second Trip To The Woods

I told you about my first trip to the woods (Which was yesterday) now I will tell you about my second trip to the woods (Which is today.) I explained what the woods looked like and how you get to my and Charlie’s den. Today me and Charlie went together (only us again) and went to the den. there is something I forgot to mention for the last post, but when we got to the woods yesterday we wanted to make the fire so Charlie asked me to get his survival kit. Now back to today we remembered the kit this time but once we got there we made the fire again in the same circle, but now we both knew what we were thinking. DAMPERS! Dampers are a kind of bread you cook on a fire and they are SOOO YUMMY WITH JAM! So he sent me away to make damper doh at the house and bring it back. How you make dampers is you get warm water and pour it into plain flour and mix it up with your hands. Mum let me take oranges, peanuts, the doh, and JAM! Charlie had came home and we both walked back. Me and Charlie had two dampers with jam each and an orange and peanuts. After that we went to climb trees and found ourselves making a den for the kids ONLY. (maybe an adult too.) We jumped over the mud and sometimes going through it to get sticks for the den. There was a little burrow at the foot of the den and we imagined the a pine Martin lived there and tried to take blankets and table cloths from us to keep warm. We went home because we thought mum was telling us to come because the dog was barking like CRAZY. seriously, it was SOOOO loud you could hear it from a mile away! it turns out her friend came, the post man.

By Rhona

5 Replies to “My Second Trip To The Woods”

1. Sounds like you had an amazing day Rhona! I hope it is Charlie’s turn to make the dough and fetch things tomorrow. #littlesistersdon’t havetodo everything

2. Sounds like you had a very tasty snack in the woods today! Have you been working on your genius hour project? I bet there’s loads of great things in the woods that you could use to help make your wings.

3. Mmmmmm…dampers and jam sounds delicious! Sounds like you guys had a fab day. I’m looking forward to hearing about your third trip to the woods!

4. Very jealous of the dampers and jam Rhona. What are you guys doing for Big Thursday today? Back to the woods?