Busy Days

Hello Everyone!
We talked about practising for our assembly on our blog last month and it went really well. The whole school and about 30 parents were there to see us. Our drama was great and some people said they really enjoyed the roleplays we had made up. One of our songs was True Colours and lots of parents knew the words too. We have been practising saying our parts so everyone can hear us clearly so it was good that people at the back said they heard every word.

Our work on the Dundee Book Awards is still going on. Last week we began working with the Primary 1 boys and girls. We had to let them know who we were and why we were there. We then read the stories to them and asked them questions.
Once they had heard all four books the boys and girls then voted for their favourite one using the activexpressions. We can’t tell you the result just now though as the awards are not until June. Everyone enjoyed working with the wee ones because they all loved listening to the stories and it was great hearing what they had to say. We were even allowed to join them for a bit of their choosing time.

We have begun swimming lessons this term and every Wednesday we go to the Olympia. There are three different groups, depending on swimming experience. One group is learning to swim using floats and learning
breathing under water. Another group is learning to swim at the deep end and practising different strokes. The third group is practising using hoops to dive and using swimming noodles to improve strokes. We are all loving swimming.

Hope you enjoy our bog.
Primary 6

One thought on “Busy Days”

1. Hello Primary 6

I have really enjoyed reading your blog and finding out what you have been learning. I must say although I did not manage to see all your assembly, the bits I did see were fantastic. Owen really scared me with his bully impression. I think Suhaib did well to keep his cool.

I have been really lucky getting to come swimming with you a couple of times this term. It is amazing how far you have all come. Everyone puts in a lot of effort and it is really paying off. Well Done.

Keep up the super learning.

Mrs Cassidy