Dr Amanda Ford has launched , with the help of STEM funding a fantastic set of online CLPL sessions to support her GamesJam.
West Paisley College are offering these free CLPL support sessions for educators that will focus on using Scratch to create your own games. They will run online through Teams in Glow on the following dates:
- 13 November 7-8pm – Introduction to Games with Scratch & the Game Jam Event. This session will discuss getting your own game jam event set up and then take you through creating a maze game in Scratch.
- 27 November 7-8pm – Levelling up -Extending the Maze Game. This session will build on the maze game that was created in the previous session and add new features to enhance your game such as extra levels and start/end screens.
- 15 January 7-8pm – Collecting Game. This session will introduce new game mechanics by creating your own sweet collecting game and add scoring features.
- 29 January 7-8pm – Bat and Ball Game. This session will cover movement of sprites, creating 2 player games and scoring.
- 26 February 7-8pm – Creating a Quiz. This session will look at how to create your own quizzes in Scratch.
- 11 March 7-8pm -Putting it all together and preparing for the Game Jam.This session is to help educators with any queries they may have on getting set up for an event or Scratch issues.
These sessions will be a great help to teachers supporting young people in the Aberdeenshire Gamescon 2020 event
If you wish to be added to the team, take part in the sessions or want more information please contact Amanda Ford - firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme is being supported by Education Scotland’s Enhancing Professional Learning in STEM Grants Programme through the Scottish Government STEM Education and Training Strategy.