Caitidh’s Endeavour

My endeavour is making a business selling items made of  Polymer Clay.I thought of this because I was inspired by my mum as who used to make and sell pens and key rings to her friends .To make my business successful I thought of using polymer clay because it is cheap and easy to work with.With the polymer clay I have made sea themed items including pens, magnets and octopus key ring.For my digital skill, I have used  Book Creator,gathering  pictures of me making my key rings ,pen and magnets.

I also sent a letter to a person who own a business called the Celtic craft shop.The main thing I needed advice on was  pricing because that is really important because you need to know about profit. For example, when you have made like a pen, I would have to sand it then put a coat of glaze on it to protect it . I would need to work out how much all of this cost and to make sure I was charging more than the cost of my materials and time.

Before any of this I had to do a survey to see what people wanted and what they would buy.On endeavor day I am going to lay out some designs and some clay and get people to try and make them as good as they can.The most important thing I have completed is my business plan.Business plans are very important because they are telling you what you have planned to do and when you have to do it.

In this endeavour I have learned many skills, some of them are digital skills which is my book creator. Another one of my skills I have learned is time management. Everything I will be making is going to be sold at the endeavour fair.I have learned a lot from this endeavour this year.The only thing I need to do now is to attach the key rings on to the octopuses then I am ready for the endeavour fair.

By CaitidhImage result for polymer clay octopus keyrings