Endeavour Rebecca

Endeavour is a long term project that primary 5/6/7 work on. You can choose what you do yourself but it can’t be something you already know how to do, it has to be something new and ambitious. We do endeavour so that we can learn and be independent and not get your teacher to do it for you. This also means that you can learn for yourself and learn new skills.

When I was doing endeavour a developed lots of new skills. I learned how to use wix, how to be organised, time management and presentation skills. These skills have helped me a lot with my endeavour because usually I am not very organised and I think that this endeavour has helped me be more organised.

With this endeavour I have learned how to use a website builder called wix. For my endeavour I was creating a website for kids and what they can do on Islay. My website was called Islay Kidz Information. I wanted to make my website for kids because I am a child and I live on Islay and I would like children to know what a good island Islay is and what they can do on it.

I think that my project was ambitious because I have never made a website before and it was hard to get used to wix but I got there in the end. To share my learning I showed people my website and I asked them to evaluate my endeavour. I also made a quiz for them to do at my stall so that they wouldn’t be bored.

My Mum and Dad helped me with my endeavour because my Mum helped me with my website and my Dad took the videos that are on my website with his drone. I remember one day my Mum was helping me with my website and she deleted all of the writing on that page and we both got really annoyed. I also accidentally deleted a page and it was the only page I had completed.

When I was building my website I had to overcome a lot of problems. I deleted a whole page and my Mum deleted all of my writing as well. I was really proud with what I achieved this year for my endeavour.

You can see my website here: https://islaykidz.wixsite.com/islaykidz