Tag Archives: Port Charlotte

Harvest at Port Charlotte

We had an amazing day in Port Charlotte Primary School recently when we held a Harvest Lunch for our parents, friends and family.  We had been busy all summer in the garden; growing vegetables like potatoes, turnips, carrots and leeks and had gathered them all in this term. 

As part of our Crofting Connections project we also had a go at growing barley, oats, rye and wheat.  It took us ages to mill the wheat and oats to make flour!
We used the flour to bake bread and we also made soup from our vegetables and cheese scones and shortbread. 
Continue reading Harvest at Port Charlotte

Port Charlotte Primary ‘My Study Bar’

A group of keen learners at Port Charlotte Primary School have been trialling the ict tool ‘My Study Bar’ which is a great help with reading, writing and spelling.  This is what they think of the tool so far…

“My Study Bar is really helping us with our writing.

Balabolka reads what we have written and we know if we spelled it wrong and if it makes sense.

Continue reading Port Charlotte Primary ‘My Study Bar’

Careers Fair at Port Charlotte

This term in P5/6/7 we have been using our investigation time to research different careers.  We grouped up and chose a career to investigate; these included actress, dancer, helicopter pilot, firefighter, paleontologist, nurse and vet to name a few.  We found information from the internet, from various books in our school library and some of us even interviewed people who have that job. All this was to hold a Careers Fair for the whole school; this was when we set up stalls around the hall and presented our information in the form of posters and leaflets, and handed out a few stickers and badges as well.  Continue reading Careers Fair at Port Charlotte