ONE DIRECTION CAUSE STIR AT DGS!

ONE DIRECTION SCORE BIG HIT AT DGS
Global superstars cause a stir with Dunoon Pupils

Two pupils at Dunoon Grammar School received a very pleasant surprise on returning from the October break, when they were called to the school office to find an envelope waiting for them from pop sensations, One Direction.

S3 pupils Jennifer Marr and Heather Wilson were thrilled to find personalised signed photographs from Louis, Liam, Niall, Zayn and Harry contained within the envelope.

The girls had sent a letter to the former X Factor contestants as part of a ‘Letter Idol’ project being run in their National Administration & IT class. Letter Idol involved pupils learning the correct layout for business letters and then composing a letter to their favourite celebrity using word processing software. Pupils then used internet research skills to find the correct postal address for their chosen celebrity. Letters were then posted at the beginning of the October holidays to a range of celebrities, including Ellie Goulding, Liam Nesson, Kelly McDonald and of course 1D!

Jennifer Marr commented:

“I was delighted to find a signed photograph from One Direction. I was not confident of getting a reply to my letter from them, as they are really busy – but they have even written a message to me with my name included. I like them even more now!”

David Mitchell, Head Teacher of Dunoon Grammar added

“The reply from One Direction is the talk of the playground. Hopefully, the pupils involved will appreciate the relevance of the skills they are developing in National courses – skills for learning, life and work. We have not given up hope of receiving a few more replies to the letters sent by our pupils.”

For more information – please contact Paul Gallanagh on 01369 705010.

4 thoughts on “ONE DIRECTION CAUSE STIR AT DGS!

1. What a great result! There will be lots of people quite jealous that you have had a personalised reply!

2. omg your sooooooo lucky one direction r my faveourite band xx my faves niall and louis 🙂 icant wait coz i get to get taught by some one who has worked with lady gaga and nicky manaj but one direction is even better xx

3. Excellent! Great to see work in a real life context. This will really bring the learning to life for the pupils. And well done to the One Direction boys for replying!