Merry Christmas shoppers

Primary 4 children from Lochnell were invited to cheer up shoppers in Oban by creating festive windows in Tescos. As well as reindeer and christmas trees they painted winter scenes and all the shoppers passing by were delighted with the cheery outcome.  Mrs McCrindle, their teacher, produced freehand outlines for the children to work on and they painted and decorated with great glee until every window they’d been assigned was a mass of colour.

“Then we got to go to their staffroom,” said one happy painter,”where we were given goodie bags and something to eat and drink.”

All agreed they had had a fantastic art session and hope that everyone who shops at the store or walks by the windows will enjoy them as much as they enjoyed making them.

2 thoughts on “Merry Christmas shoppers

1. What a great example of ‘public art’ P4! I’ll make a point of going to see your displays. keep drawing!!!!

2. What a fantastic idea Lochnell. I bet you had great fun. I wish all big stores did this. We once had a parent in who was a talented artist and she helped some of my P7s paint scenes from a story book on walls in our Medical Room to brighten the place up a little bit.
    Very well done!