An e-safety self-review tool for schools in Scotland was launched in November 2013. The objective of this is to help ensure that schools have robust, up to date e-safety policies. This will be updated in comings months to reflect recent legislative and policy developments.
Schools can visit www.360safeScotland.org.uk<http://www.360safeScotland.org.uk which provides a user friendly and interactive means for schools to build on existing e-safety and anti-bullying policies. This tool has been developed in partnership with the South West Grid for Learning to produce a new version of the award winning 360 degree safe e-safety self-review tool for Scottish schools.
360 degree safe Scotland
The development and expansion of the use of ICT / computing, and particularly of the internet, is transforming learning and teaching in schools. The Scottish Government has set out its vision for ICT in Education as follows:
“Scotland’s educators, learners and parents take full advantage of the opportunities offered by technology in order to raise attainment, ambition and opportunities for all.”
This online Self Review Tool has been adapted to take account of legislation, structures and practice in Scotland. It is suitable for local authority schools and independent schools.
The 360 degree safe self review tool is free to use and is intended to help schools review their e-safety policy and practice. It provides:
* Information that can influence the production or review of e-safety policies and develop good practice.
* A process for identifying strengths and weaknesses.
* Opportunities for commitment and involvement from the whole school.
* A continuum for schools to discuss how they might move from a basic level provision for e-safety to practice that is aspirational and innovative.
Benefit for schools using 360 degree safe include:
* Encourages collaborative online use within schools.
* Receive immediate feedback and suggested actions to help progression.
* Log sources of evidence, comments and action points.
* Easily compile and print a wide range of reports.
* Compare and benchmark responses with other users of the online tool.