Oban Musical Success for Rockfield Pupils

Children from Oban’s Rockfield Primary had a fantastic time at the recent Highlands and Islands Music and Dance Festival, taking part in a range of competitions involving over 100 children from pre-school to P7.

The Festival’s Action Song class is an event in itself. Rockfield’s Gaelic pre-school and P2/1 Gaelic class performed Seo a’ Chroit aig Calum Ruadh, a Gaelic version of ‘Old MacDonald Had a Farm’, while the P2 classes performed The Fireman.

Rockfield Primary School Choir was thrilled to come first in the competition for junior choirs, and sang Any Dream Will Do and The Welly Boot Song.

The school’s Folk Group gave two lovely performances of The Gypsy Rover and Calum’s Road, and 11 pupils participated in the singing competitions, many singing solo for the very first time. In addition, a number of pupils competed successfully in the instrumental and dancing sections.

The children won a number of prizes and their hard work and success was celebrated the week following the festival when they entertained the whole school to a musical morning.

2 thoughts on “Oban Musical Success for Rockfield Pupils

1. Fantastic results all round – well done Rockfield! Sorry I couldn’t make it to your performances but I’m sure they were superb! I hope Primary 2 sang their little hearts out, just like they did on my last day singing the Fireman song! Congratulations to all :o)

2. Well done Rockfield! What a great Success… It’s a shame we can’t upload your music – I love ‘The Gypsy Rover!

Look forward to meeting some of you at Ardentinny in September.

Miss Curson