Primary 3a create a Labyrinth

Today Primary 3a had a very special visitor. Darren Philip, the Youth and Children’s Development Worker from Livingston United Parish Church, came into class to help us learn about labyrinths.

A labyrinth is a bit like a maze but has only one path and no dead ends. Labyrinth paths have been walked for over 4000 years with people using them to relax, reflect and clear their minds. Christians say a prayer at each twist and turn of the path.

We designed and created our own finger labyrinths out of clay and then created a class labyrinth using our mathematical, problem solving and group working skills. When it was complete we all walked the labyrinth then shared our learning with Mrs Hollands and Primary 3b.

We thoroughly enjoyed our morning. A big thank you to Darren.

5 Responses

1. P3 – I couldn’t believe the vast amount of learning and FUN that was happening when I walked into your classroom. What a super activity, I bet you could now teach others how to do this, perhaps in the playground? Maybe you could use chalk?
    Well done!
    🙂

2. Wow that is so cool I would love to do that

3. That looks so fun

4. What is it tell me more adout it

5. Nice labyrinths P3.:)