Primary 1A Learning Highlights 11th December 2020

This week we have new Christmas activities and we have been playing with the wooden reindeer.  We found a Christmas jigsaw and it is fun to play with it.  We have baubles with letters and we have to use them to make words.  This week we wrote a letter to Santa but not about what we would like for Christmas.  We had to tell him about what we like to do in school.

Yesterday we have been learning about making stories for 10.  We managed to fill the whole smartboard with sums.

This week Sparkle has been writing her sounds, she put up the Christmas tree and got stuck up the top and then she used our mini me’s as reindeer.

We finished recording our Christmas Assembly for the other classes in the school.  We were very good at doing our sign language for our songs.  We are looking forward to Monday to show the rest of the school.

Today we have Crazy Christmas Hair.

We finished our Socks for Santa Christmas Window.  In Art we made some Christmas Baubles and our Reindeer.  During this week we have read lots of books.  Our favourite was ‘Rudey’s Windy Christmas’ ask us to tell you what happened in the story.  It is a very funny story!

We have lots of stars on our Advent Calendar and we have new story books from our Reading Advent Calendar.

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Ruari – I liked playing in the shop.

Aiden G – I liked when it was Crazy Hair Day.

Minny – I liked playing in the shop.

Eva – I liked playing outside.

Isabel – I liked playing shop.

Julia – I like to play with Zosia and Minny.

Zosia – I like to play with Ella.

Pola – I liked doing play outside.