St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P1B Week Beginning 7th December

This has been yet another very busy week in P1B.  We recorded our parts for our Christmas Assembly and recorded us signing our Christmas songs.  Mrs Meikle and Mrs Russell said we have been real super stars.

We have been consolidating our learning of sounds. We have been ensuring we are forming them correctly and have been using our sounds to blend CVC words. We have also been practising to read and write our high frequency words. Please remember to access our Virtual Classroom to practise learned sounds and high frequency words.

We have been looking at number stories for 9 and 10 and Mrs Meikle and Mrs Russell are very impressed with how well we are doing.

We have enjoyed completing some Christmas art this week.  We designed our own elf portrait and a Christmas door decoration.  We also made snowmen out of straws

This week we lit our second candle on our Advent wreath.

We have enjoyed our Christmas inspired maths and writing area counting parcels and making up sums within 10.  Writing letters to Santa, writing Christmas cards and designing Christmas jumpers.

Today (Friday) it was Funky Hair we all got the chance to be creative with our hair and also make a donation to the Food Bank.  Thank you everyone who contributed to this worthy cause.  Check out your See Saw page to see your child’s photo.

I liked making my elf- Nicolas

I liked making my snowman – Kacper

I liked playing with the Christmas maths – Scott

I liked writing my letter to Santa – Aaeryn-Leigh

I liked everything – Haadiya

One week left to go it is going to be another exciting week ahead.

Have a lovely weekend everyone and we look forward to seeing you all next week for more learning and Christmas activities.