Primary 1 Learning Highlights 3rd May 2024

What a busy week we have had in Primary 1!

On Monday, we learned all about plants and what they need to grow. We then planted sunflower seeds and we are very excited to see them grow. Some people were a bit disappointed on Tuesday when they had not grown!

In literacy, we have been learning to use the ‘igh’ sound and we are becoming confident in reading words with this sound. We wrote instructions about how to plant a seed and we made sure we put everything in the right order.

In Maths, we have been practising counting in 2s, 5s and 10s. We also revised telling the time to the hour and we loved playing games on the Smartboard to help us with this.

In RE, we coloured in flowers to make a display for Mary and we sang the Hail Mary prayer. We took part in an Assembly with Mrs McLaughlin to learn about Mary’s Meals and in class we have been looking at Rosary Beads.

In Science, we learned about sorting things into living, no longer living and never lived. We had a great discussion about each of the items and confidently sorted them.

On Friday, Mrs Hislop brought a special parcel to our classroom that had been sent by the Jolly Postman. It had magic beans and soil inside and we planted these in the classroom. We were very excited when we got back from break as the beanstalk had started to grow. He also sent us the Jack and the Beanstalk book and the best part of the day was playing with the box that all the things came in!

Some of our personal highlights this week are:

Danvith – I enjoyed playing with the box.

Posy – I enjoyed planting the magic beans.

Tyler T – I enjoyed planting the sunflower seeds.

Maja – I enjoyed colouring.

Rudhvick – I enjoyed playing with the connecting straws.

Congratulations to Posy who is our Hot Chocolate Winner and to Rudhvick who is our Reading Champion.