St John Ogilvie Primary School

Working together as a vibrant learning community of faith and friendship, where everyone is valued and included.

P3B Learning Highlights 7/2/20

This week in P3B during PE we were doing gymnastic obstacles and balances on benches and mats. We were bouncing tennis balls off the ground with rackets.

In maths this week we were practicing our rounding to 10 and did some challenges. We also learned numbers up to 20 in sign language.

It is Scotland Loves Languages week. Teachers in the school have been wearing stickers with different countries on them, we have been saying hello to them in that language. Each day we have been picking a different sticker for Miss Brannan to wear. We all got a love heart with someone else’s name in it and had to write nice things about that person in Spanish and decorate it. For writing this week we made a poster using the different ways to say hello that we have learned throughout the week.

Our new topic is Ancient Egypt and we wrote about what we already know and what we would like to learn. We learned where Egypt is and about the different things we will learn during the topic.

On Friday we made paper lanterns to celebrate the Chinese Lantern Festival that marks the end of Chinese New Year.

Our Learning Highlights:

“Me, Jude and Aditya are making a poster about Ancient Egypt” – Naman

“I liked when we were doing the Scotland writing, it was fun” – Aeryn

“I liked when we were in the classroom and we had to say hello to each other in a different language and write people’s names next to the country they were wearing” – Aditya

“I liked when we were writing about our learning on the maths wall” – Amelia

“I enjoyed doing the Chinese lanterns” – Summer

“I enjoyed writing notes about what we want to learn and what we already know about The Egyptians” – Declan