Success for Welly Walk

Oh what a beautiful morning to have our very successful sponsored Welly Walk. Everything went perfect including our weather. It was extremely enjoyable and there was certainly lots to view as we strolled along the paths and over the bridge. Children were amazed at seeing so many ducks coming towards us and there were a couple of swans too. Olivia said they were coming to us “because I feed them bread with my mummy.” Thomas enjoyed finding numbers around the pond and Alfie enjoyed the “Woods and leaves. I enjoyed going myself.”

There was a fantastic response from parents as they turned up to walk with their child(ren) including some from the afternoon.

Staff loved this event as it was good to see so many of us (children and adults) together and all with smiling faces

.

Children have asked if we can do it again and we certainly will be.

Going on walks is a fantastic resource; lots to see and talk about as well as do- especially as the weather is certainly showing signs of Spring.

Thank you for the tremendous support given to us and for your generous donations through your  sponsorship.

Note: just a wee reminder about this weekend as we are on holiday on Monday and it is an In-service to all staff on Tuesday so all children will return on Wednesday 20th February. Have a lovely weekend and fingers crossed it’s a sunny time too.