CREATE YOUR OWN SPORTS DAY!

I have been waiting for this day!

The children are the teachers!!!!!!

(Some extra information – please see task from your teachers on SWAY or Teams!)

Dear all,

I am so looking forward to seeing your sports days you create! You are all so creative and I know you will each have your own fun ideas! Some pupils have set their own challenges for me over the past week and I’ve loved doing these for them!

I know it will take a while to plan & get ready for your sports day, so if you are wanting your activity sheet looked at and you plan on doing a sports day I will trust you to mark it down to gain your points. +50 remember!

Hopefully the weekend remains dry so if you are doing your planning today and getting resources ready you will be able to host your sports day, later today, Saturday or Sunday!

Google is our best friend most of the time and it will give you lots of great ideas for sports day stations. You may include more up-to-date activities like a TikTok challenge or a World record task!

Most importantly, don’t stress over things that you don’t have. I don’t, like many have a PE cupboard at home with lots of cones, balls, hoops etc. Use what you have – Tupperware, teabags, string, bowls, baskets, socks, crawl under a duvet? Trampoline, bike, cuddly toys, spoons. I can ensure you, I will be using these for my sports day next Friday!

Have the best time with your families!!  & have a plan b for activities to do indoors in case it rains!

Lastly – If you are doing your weekly shop this weekend and are looking to buy a few things for the challenges next week, marshmallows, smarties and cooking chocolate or Icing sugar & biscuits would be great! I will also be showing you how to make a few smoothies with fruit and natural Greek yoghurt. If you are isolating/ this isn’t suitable for you– make something from ingredients you have in the house already!

All the best,