HWB INSET 6th May, 2014

Diane Plenderleith, Art and Design

Following on from the success of last year’s HWB INSET, staff requested if I would provide a similar CPD opportunity this session. I gladly agreed, eager to share in the same experience as last year. Staff were provided with a canvas, of various sizes, water-colours and acrylic paints then left to their own devises, to freely paint whatever was in their mind, heart, imagination or from a source as the case may be. The results were fantastic, really impressive but more than that it was just great to see staff really enjoy the experience of painting, perhaps for the first time since S2! There were a range of teachers from various departments, but the key factor was enthusiasm, fun and producing a piece of artwork which they themselves enjoyed without being too serious about. This is definitely a worthwhile CPD and one which I hope to explore further next year, with the idea of producing a group piece which could be displayed perhaps in the library and shared with the whole school community. Staff already seem really keen so here’s to next year!