Polbeth Nursery School Blog

Christmas time is here!

What a wonderful time of year it is! The children have been so busy over the past couple of weeks getting ready for Christmas and enjoying all the festivities!

The girls and boys have been exploring the Nativity story and role playing with our stable and costumes!
“I’m a King” Jessica                         “I’m Mary and I’m having a baby” Maisie                                      “I am a beautiful angel!” Grace             Olivia “I am an angel too!”

We have been busy decorating the nursery and our trees to make them beautiful and sparkle!

Some of the children also wanted to made and add paper chains!  They also were comparing one anothers lengths of chains and patterns…
“Mine is the biggest…1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11” Jessica
“I want to make a really long one. Mine is going to be the longest” Amelia
“I made blue and green!” Eva      “Look I made a pattern!” Emma Leigh

“We need to add lights!” Eva
Kian “There are lots of decorations on the tree”

Some of the children wanted to make gifts to put under the tree too! So we set up a wrapping station.  We assed labels so the children could write on their gift who it is for!

“I can wrap presents” Michael                    Jessica “I can cut the paper”

The children have been enjoying sewing to make christmas decorations for the nursery and to sell at the Christmas Fayre.

Ms Taylor brought in her sewing machine! The children showed great curiosity and were given opportunities to explore and use the sewing machine to make Christmas stockings!

We have been doing lots of yummy baking too! We made chocolate coconut truffles and melting snowmen which were also sold at the Christmas Fayre!

“These are so sticky!” Olivia               “They look yummy” Gracie
Amelia “I can roll them in a ball. Then you roll them in the coconut”
“I want to eat them all” David

“My snowman is melted!” Kian           “My snowman has two scarfs!” Emma Leigh
Amelia “Spread on the icing Eva”            “Spreading the icing is hard. I like marshmallows” Hope
“My snowman’s scarf is green!” Lewis                  “Mines is red” Connor