Polbeth Nursery School Blog

Christmas literacy

The children have been exploring a variety of literacy areas to develop their learning….

As I play and learn, I enjoy exploring interesting materials for writing and different ways of recording my experiences ”

The children have been developing their pencil control and handling and exploring mark making opportunities. They started to write their santa letters and posted them to the North Pole through the nursery post box!

The children have also been busy with arts and crafts to make christmas cards for their friends and loved ones and decorate crowns for our upcoming Christmas parties!

Each day the children open an “Advent Christmas Story” to read at story time. They enjoy reading the stories to one another too!

” I enjoy exploring and playing with the patterns and sounds of language and can use what I learn ”