Welcome to Polbeth Nursery’s Blog

The purpose of the blog is to share learning with families and the community. For updates straight to you mobile device please follow us on Twitter @polbethnursery and LIKE  us on Facebook . We love to hear feedback on our learning so please leave us a comment!

End of term: Sports Day and Garden Party

Sports Day

What fun the children had on sports day! We apologise again to our afternoon children’s families that were unable to attend due to weather uncertainties. The children however completed all their races in the school P.E. hall.

Each group enjoyed participating in the running, hopping, walking, egg-and-spoon etc. races! And a huge well done to the morning families and staff who joined in the adult races too. It was nice to see some competitiveness from the adults as well! Afterwards the children all enjoyed some delicious ice poles to cool down!

Maisie “I loved all of the races!”

“I like my medal” Amelia B

Olivia McD “My favourite part of sports day was seeing my mum!”

Raeya “I ran really really fast!”

“Medal! Medal! Yeeeeeaaaaahhhh!” Michael S

#activeadam #buildingforsuccess

Garden Party

The long awaited build up to our garden party proved to be a great success! Thank you to all the families who were able to come along and join in the fun and games.

The children were very busy in helping prepare for the party. They came up with exciting games and helped to decorate the garden and make posters for the big day!  In the days up to the party, the children really enjoyed baking to make sure we had enough cakes, truffles and chocolate goodies to share with our families and collecting flowers and natural loose parts to make lovely crafts.

Olivia McD “Let’splay limbo. I play limbo when I go to parties!”

“Cupcakes!” Isla/Hayden/Bailey/Leo “Spiderman cupcakes!” Oliver  “Pink cupcakes” Raven/MariaLucia “Green slimey cupcakes” Maya/Kornelia/Isabel/Marc/Braiden/JJ

Tyler “Parties need to have a bouncy castle!”  Amelia M “Our party can have one. But it’s not anyone’s birthday!”

A special thank you to the adults for their participation in the games also! The staff noticed how much you enjoyed “Splash the Teacher!”

The children looked fabulous with their painted faces. We had lots of tigers, zombies, butterflies, pirates and much more!

“I want a tiger. RRROOOAAAARRRR!” Cai

“I’m a pirate. Pirate!” Michael S     Tyler “Can I be a pirate too, with a beard and mustache!”

Katie and Emma Leigh enjoyed being rainbow cats. Very colourful!

#achievingalice #teamwork #friendship #included #buildingforsuccess

Exploring our Senses

Library Visit

The afternoon children were very lucky to have had the opportunity to visit the library in West Calder, we walked along past the new high school and we had some fantastic stories read to us. We then had the opportunity to have a little snack, Ann from the library gave us some custard creams, YUM!

We then had the opportunity to look at some of the great books that the library had on offer and then we all walked back to nursery.

#buildingareadingculture #earlyliteracy #buildingforsuccess

Health Week 2019

St Mary’s Buddy Visits

The children that are going to St Mary’s Primary School have been down to visit their buddies. The children had a great time getting to know one another.

#transition #stmarysbuddies

If you go down to the woods Today!

The children were showing great determination and perseverance when climbing the trees in the nursery garden.

We discovered that we had a birds nest with some eggs and the mummy bird was sitting on the eggs to keep them warm.

.

#investigation #outdoorplay

Easter Fun

The children have been extremely busy this week creating lots of Easter crafts and making some delicious Easter nests.

We have been making lovely Easter bonnets, decorating eggs, making bunny masks and we even had an Easter egg hunt in our nursery garden.

We took the children to our local play park to roll their decorated eggs down the hill, the children were trying to predict who’s egg would be the fastest!

The children were very good and were able to hunt down their eggs very fast during the Easter egg hunt, so we decided to do another one but this time we set the children some challenges inside the eggs. The children were very excited when they heard that they had a challenge to do inside each egg.

Stay and Play

We had some parents/carers stay and play with us at nursery this week, we hope they all had great fun with us at nursery.

#parentalengagement

#buildingforsuccess

Spring Litter Pick

The children helped the pupils from St Mary’s Primary with a Spring litter pick in Polbeth today. The children were being very responsible.

#responsibleralph

Rosebery Visit

Our children had great fun going for another visit to the Rosebery Dementia Group. The children decorated some lovely Easter cards with some of the members and then they all paired up and enjoyed a game of bowls.

#intergenerationallearning

#buildingforsuccess