P4b

Another jam packed week!

This week we finished off writing our Scots poems about animals. They wur really guid!  We  learnt about Robert Burns; who he was and why he is so important. We looked at poems that he wrote as well as other Scots poems. We all had a chance to present our poems to the rest of the class and Mrs Ghafoor had a really tough choice picking three of the best to go forward to the Burns Poetry Final. On Friday we learnt about the Burns supper and learnt that this is held all over the world but it follows the same layout everywhere!

Our class finalists were Kari Nixon, Christopher Drysdale and James Cochrane.

James Cochrane was the overall Winner in P4b.

Well done to all who tried – the standard was very high!

We ended our week by holding our own Burns Supper. We listened to Scottish music and tried Haggis, neeps an’ tatties. Some of us loved the haggis and some of us were a ‘wee bit feared’! We recited Scots poetry and finished with”‘Three Craws’. We heard this in the P2 assembly. P2 did a fantastic job with their singing – even when technology let them down!  A great assembly P2.

Thank you very much to Mrs White, Mrs Murray and Mrs Meek for making our supper and serving us this special dish!

Enjoy your weekend.

13 thoughts on “P4b”

1. Hi Primary 4b,

I’m pleased to hear that you all had a lovely time at your Burns Supper. Did you enjoy the haggis, neeps and tatties? The P2’s did really well with their assembly and I’m glad that you enjoyed it.

Miss Henderson

2. I thought the Burns supper was very yummy! I liked all of it especially the haggis and the tatties.
    I all so liked resiting my scots poem mine was the siar finger it was about a wee
    boy called John who has got a sore finger and another wee boy copied him.
    To every one in p4b from Iona

3. I thought the Burns supper was very yummy! I liked all of it especially the haggis and the tatties.
    I all so liked resiting my scots poem. Mine was the sair finger it was about a wee boy called John who had hurt his finger and his wee brother copied
    him. To everyone in P4B from Iona

4. Hello 4b,

I was very pleased to see some of you with your journey jotters this week to share your learning with me. It was great to hear you explain what you have been learning and how proud of your achievements you are – I’m sure Mrs Ghafoor feels proud too. I have a note in my diary to see the next group of you on Tuesday so I’ll look forward to that.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Mrs Spence

5. I had great fun making the my rule for the Torah Scroll
    I had great fun making the Robert Burns Portrait
    I had fun making the Nelsons Monument with charcoal
    I had a Jam Packed Week
    From David

6. A big thanks to Mrs Meek and Mrs White for the tatties needs and haggis, it was delicious. I had a great week and I cannot wait now too go to Lowport 🙂