Primary 2/1 Blog – Week Beginning 14.5.18

Here comes the sun…

What amazing weather we have had this week and P2/1 have been taking advantage of the sun to do lots of learning outdoors.  It just so happened that today is Outdoor Learning Day – check out the school twitter page to see what we have been up to!

Here are our best bits:

Rio – “I enjoyed creating my own spelling game outside with Griffin”

Cameron – “I liked playing with the balls outside.  We had to bounce them and spell a word as we bounced it”

Tommy – “I liked bouncing and spelling outside too”

Griffin – “The best bit was having milk and story outside in the school garden.  I liked it because I enjoy being outside”

Regan – “I liked milk and story because it was outside for a change and Mrs Mansfield picked a good story”

Brooke – “I liked milk and story because we got to sit on the new benches and hear a story in a new place”

Breaghannon – “I liked measuring people outside.  We had to draw round the person with chalk and then we had to measure with a metre stick”

Aiden – “The bit I enjoyed most was making my own game outside.  I made an island game with my tricky words”

Leah – “I liked having milk and story outside because it was a different place and we got a lot of fresh air”

Lucy – “I liked playing with the balls outside at the side of the school because it was fun and it helped me learn my spelling words”

Ellie – “I liked making up our own games.   My game was hopscotch with tricky words”

Poppy F – “I liked bouncing the balls outside because it was good fun and I got better at my words”

Rory – “I liked the ball game too because I liked having a new way to learn your words”

Daniel – “I enjoyed playing with the balls too because I could challenge myself”

Emily – “I liked having milk and story outside because it was relaxing to listen to a story in the fresh air”

Leila – “I did my five minute box job outside.  I liked it because I could work outside and get fresh air while I did my work in the sun”

Poppy D – “The best bit was doing milk and story outside because I got fresh air and the book we read was all about the outdoors”

Teigan – “I liked bouncing the balls and doing my words on the ground”

Mason – “I did games with Mrs Mansfield.  I liked the balls and spelling my words.  My favourite spelling was c-a-t”

From

Primary 2/1

(A note from Mrs Mansfield – Thank you to the parents who were free to come to our celebrating success assembly.  The children in P2/1 are amazing and it was lovely getting the chance to celebrate this with them.  A reminder that Shared Start takes place next Wednesday morning for those who are able to make it)