Primary 2/1 Blog – Week Beginning 30.4.18

What a week we have had! It was fun to have Mrs Mansfield back from Oban and we even learned about all of the ways she had challenged herself last week. We thought the most exciting bit was the story about the waterfall.

We had our own excitement this week as we went to the Botanic Gardens on Thursday – please see our tweet on the school twitter account. We learned about S.W.A.F and ways to survive in the outdoors, it was lots of fun.  Here are our best bits from the trip:

Mason – “I liked the picnic with my bear.  My mummy asked me to eat my food”

Breaghannon – “I liked the teddy bear’s picnic because we got to have lots of fun with our teddy bears”

Poppy D – “I liked when we hunted for the bears that were hiding in Botanic Gardens.  We got lots of different clues that helped us find out information about SWAF”

Leila -“I enjoyed it when we got to learn about how our teddy bears survive in the wild.  They need shelter, water, air and food”

Tommy – “I liked my first school trip because we got to build a shelter and a SWAF island”

Sarah – “I liked the picnic because we got to give our teddies a cuddle”

Ellie – “I liked learning the word SWAF so we can keep all our animals safe and protected”

Emily – “I liked making the SWAF island because I now know what an island needs for animals to survive.  We used leaves to pretend they were salmon in the water”

Poppy F – “I liked when we played the games.  The best one was the tree game to show us that people are cutting down trees and bears find it tricky to live”

Daniel – “I liked making the island because I liked running around to gather all the stuff”

Lucy – “I liked when we had the games to play.  I liked chopping the trees down and liked the teddy bear picnic too”

Rory – “I liked having the picnic because I liked what my mum gave me for lunch”

Cameron – “I liked playing the tree game because I liked when the trees got cut down and the bears had to squeeze under them”

Aiden – “I liked the game where there were little bears and they had to get the shelter, water, air and food”

Rio – “I liked seeing all the wildlife.  I saw a squirrel, a magpie, a duck, a wood pigeon, a bee, a robin and a wee black bird with a red beak”

Teigan – “I liked the games that we played”

Brooke – “I liked the games too.  My favourite was the tree one”

Griffin – “I liked the bus journey the best because I got to have a rest”