P5a

In Numeracy this week we have been learning about money. We have been doing mental maths where we have to add up lots of different amounts, then work out how much change we would get. Last week we had a Victorian Day in class, and this week we wrote a letter to a Victorian child to tell them about our experience and ask them questions. We have also been learning about important Victorian inventions, and we worked in groups to create our own inventions. We each took on a role – the engineer, designer or the marketing team, and worked together to design an invention. We then presented our ideas to the class and took a vote on who had the best invention. Well done to the Infinity Inventors who won with their idea of an Invisi-car!

Here are some more of our best bits:-

Miles – I really enjoyed playing Benchball in P.E.

Alex and Kiara – We liked Art this week where we were drawing houses.

Mia – I loved violin!

Ranna – The Victorian Day last week was really good, but I got the Dunce hat!

Suvi – I liked writing the letter to the Victorian child telling them about our victorian day.

Joshua – The Victorian Inventions lesson was good fun as we got to work together in a team.

Teighan – I liked doing cosmic yoga and coming up with our own yoga moves.

Jess – Jazzamatazz was really good – we got to improvise and play our own tunes.

Remember – next Thursday is World Book Day – dress up as your favourite book character, or dress down.

One thought on “P5a”