Welcome back!

This week we have enjoyed being back and sharing our stories about our Easter adventures.

Language

We have started learning about different types of poetry. We will share some of our poems with you over the next few weeks. This week we have been looking at poems that do not rhyme and we all agree that this was a little trickier than we thought it would be. The title of our poem was ‘In My Box’ here is a little sample written by Suvi (we will post a completed one next week).

In my box I would put…

The touch of my dog’s fur

The smile of my mum

My dad’s tickles

In my box I would put…

A hug from my mum

My dream of an Olympic swimmer

And an Icelandic whale swimming in the ocean

Maths

We have started learning about fractions and by the time we are finished some of us will have made links between fractions, decimals and percentages while others will be able to identify equivalent fractions. This week we began with building fraction walls –

LATC

Our topic for this term is weather and climate. This week we discussed the weather in Scotland and how our climate determines the agriculture and lifestyle we have.

Suvi – I am looking forward to learning about the climate of different countries

Sophia – I am looking forward to learning about what life is like living in the tropics

Alex – I am looking forward to learning about life in the polar region

One thought on “Welcome back!”