Full Focus for 5b’s Final Term

We began our new focus for Maths and Numeracy this week – fractions. We can identify fractions of a shape as well as fractions of a group. We understand and can use the terms numerator and denominator.

Our new focus for Health and Wellbeing is Healthy Lifestyles. We created mind maps to share our previous knowledge. We look forward to learning more about this important subject and understand that, at our age, we are becoming more responsible for keeping healthy.

In Reading we will be focusing on non-fiction text, gathering information from a variety of sources to build a project on a subject of personal interest to us. We will also keep a log of all our reading experiences and have opportunities to share them with our classmates.

‘What a Wonderful World’ is the title for our new Context for Learning. This week we discovered some amazing new species: velocipigs, catiphants, smilions and bargontions to name a few. These new species will all enter the Battle of Evolution. Stay posted to find out if they survive or face extinction!

From the Blog Post Box:

My target for this term is…

…to climb up the reading ruler.                  Jordan

…to bring in my glasses every day.          Gary

…get more medals and trophies in archery. At the start of the Easter holiday I got bronze, at the end I got gold!                 Gabriel

…master my times tables.                            Steven

…get into the Golden Club before the end of May.            Archie

…go on my bike more.                   Aidan

…to climb up the punctuation pyramid.                 Kamron

Our Whole Class target is to focus fully on our learning and make our final term of P5 fantastic!

2 thoughts on “Full Focus for 5b’s Final Term”