A Victorian Tea Party in P5b

Here are a few of the rules we had to remember for our Tea Party.

1. Before eating, spread your napkin out in your lap.
  2. If something is passed to you that you do not want to eat, say, “No. thank you.”
  3. Sit up straight, not too close or too far away from the table
  4. Eat and drink slowly and never fill your mouth very full.
  5. Close your mouth when chewing and do not talk when your mouth is full.
  6. Wipe your fingers on your napkin rather than the tablecloth or your clothes.
  7. Make small talk to the people beside you. Do not talk to someone across the table.

How do you think we did?

100_3096100_3100100_3101100_3103 100_3098

Doing a great job there, Miss McClements! Thanks for the mini Victoria sponges - they were delicious.
Doing a great job there, Miss McClements! Thanks for the mini Victoria sponges – they were delicious.

Pupil of the Week: Jack

From the Blog Post Box:

Victorian ladies and gentlemen enjoyed having tea parties in their free time. What do the ladies and gentlemen of P5b enjoy doing?

I enjoy playing with my best friend Jack on his crash mat and trampoline. We do fun tricks.            Murray

I enjoy playing Minecraft on my Xbox and drawing cute My Little Pony pictures. I like watching Anime like Hunter X Hunter and Fairy Tale. I also like learning to cook.               Stacey

I enjoy practising my gymnastics because I have a competition called the North West on April 9th.                    Darja

I enjoy going to Judo because I go with my cousin. We learn new moves and play games.                        Gary

4 thoughts on “A Victorian Tea Party in P5b”

1. Skye loved your Victorian tea party! She has been telling us all about Victorian etiquette and she put it all into practice again when were at an afternoon tea a few days later in Linlithgow with Grannie. Skye kept us all right!! Well done for all doing so well with this topic 😀