Keeping Safe and Healthy in P5b

Internet Safety
This week we started a new project in HWB about internet safety. We watched a video which taught us about online safety and what can happen if we do not use the internet safely.

We learned that….

-we should never give away personal information on the internet to people we do not know.

-if someone asks to meet up with us we should tell an adult.

-we should limit our use of the internet because there are lots of other fun things that we can also do with our time.

-we should never send any pictures of ourselves to anyone who we do not know.

-we should keep our passwords private and only share them with a trusted adult if we think we might forget them.

-we all really enjoy using the internet to play games and for research but it is important that we know the warning signs that tell us when we might be getting into an unsafe situation.

P.E
In outdoor hockey this week we were learning how to tackle. We learned that there are two types of tackles in hockey-the jab tackle and the block tackle. We now know that one of the most important rules to follow when you are tackling is to make sure that your hockey stick does not come into contact with the other person’s hockey stick. This was really tricky!

From the Blog Post Box:

I aim to improve my ………………. by………………………………… .

reading                                by putting expression in my voice.            Robyn

handwriting                       by practising it in my Writing and Journey Jotters.            Gabriel

swimming                           by being more focussed.                               Cameron

decimals                              by practising at home.                   Michelle

4 times table                      by practising with my mum.                        Katya

Pupil of the Week: Michelle

2 thoughts on “Keeping Safe and Healthy in P5b”

1. Loving all your learning on Internet safety. This is really important for everyone. Well done 😀

Hope everyone is looking forward to your trip to New Lanark this coming week too!