P5b just want to say….

LAC

This week we started preparing for our trip to New Lanark. We learned about Robert Owen and what he did during his time at the New Lanark Mills. We learned that he was a social reformer who changed the working conditions for people in the mills. He gave children the opportunity to go to school and he reduced the length of the working day. We discussed how to write down information into our own words and we used this skill to create a poster about Robert Owen.

Health and Wellbeing

We did outdoor hockey this week and we were focusing on our passing and shooting skills. We played a mini tournament at the end of the lesson and we were all very competitive!

We continued learning about how to deal with problems in the playground. This week we look at what to do when someone is being excluded. We used drama to act out different scenarios and we discussed if the group had chosen to respond in a weak, cool or aggressive way. We learned that sometimes the manner in which we say things can make a big difference to the outcome of the situation. We realise that if we ask someone nicely and politely if we can join in with a game then they are more likely to say yes, compared to asking them in an angry manner.

Maths

In maths the Pentagons and Squares continued their work on decimals. We were learning how to add and subtract decimals. We used the column method to work out these sums. The Triangles continued their work on division and learned how to divide by 5. We all practiced our times tables and we started to learn the 7 times table. We found out that we already knew some of the 7 times tables as we know that 5 x 7 is the same as 7 x 5 and we know that 7 x 2 is the same as 2 x 7.

By P5b and Miss McClements

From the Blog Post Box:

This week I want to say…

…..thank you to Callum for bringing me up when I’m down.       Jamie

……thank you for giving me the privilege of learning.       Casey

……thank you to Miss Elliot for letting us go to the netball tournament.     Aidan

……thank you to Harry for always being cheerful.    Jack

…..thank you to Luca for being my friend.   Jordan

Pupil of the week: Luca

4 thoughts on “P5b just want to say….”

1. What a jam packed week you have had in P5b, lots of different things going on! I bet you are all looking forward to your trip to New Lanark too, it will be great!

2. I really enjoyed reading all your blog spot posts this week! It is really nice to say thank you to someone and you all wrote very thoughtful posts! We should all say thank you more often than we do because it can really make someones day! I would like to say thank you to all of Primary 5b for continuing to be a happy and hard working class! 🙂