P3/2 A short but busy week.

In p3/2 somethings have continued similar to before the October holiday and there has been some changes. Mrs Gallagher has moved to a new job and we wish her well.  We enjoyed learning with Mrs Gallagher and have also enjoyed learning this week with Mrs Clark. We are all very proud of our learning. This week everyone worked hard to write upstairs downstairs sums. We found it helped us to understand adding ones to ones, tens to tens and exchanging 10 ones for 1 ten. Most people choose to answer the sums we have been learning to write. We did well. Our new class novel was a great hit and we wrote our own personalised version of chapter 2. Our art work was superb too. Using only a pencil, we drew a variety of lines to draw tree. We surprised ourselves with the quality of drawings. This term we plan to learn about food chains and the environment through the context of the sea, At the assembly on 4th December we hope to show our sea learning. We have already worked with a partner to make mini walls displays to show our knowledge of food chains.

One of the changes we have is P.E times: outdoor Tuesday(Mrs McClafferty),  indoor Wednesday(Mr Jeffries)

Lots of children in p3/2 have earned lots of dojo points this week and Mrs Clark is very proud and happy with her new class. The classdojo have been doing strange things this week so we cannot keep track of totals. We hope the dojos will be working well next week and we can have a dojo points winner. As this week was a short week we did not take our homelearning jotters home but we did think at home about what we were going to write at writing time and thinking about it before we wrote helped us as we wrote. We also found counting counting on in 2’s, 5’s and 10’s much easier than counting back so we thought practicing would make us better at counting back.

Pupil Comments

Lucas & Ross : Maths was challenging but I enjoyed writing upstairs/downstairs sums.

Katie: Big Maths. I enjoyed checking answers to identify the facts I need to practice

William: being super. I was proud of my work.

Spencer:The French colour game was good.

Amy: I enjoyed having a new teacher

Pupil of the week : Alex (imaginative writing)

2 thoughts on “P3/2 A short but busy week.”

1. Hello p3/2!
    I am glad to hear you have had a great week with Mrs Clark and it sounds like you have been working very hard and learning new things. Keep up the hard work!

Mrs Gallagher

2. Well done P3/2 !
    you are working hard with Mrs Clarke and you now have Mrs McClafferty for oudoor PE and Mr Jeffries still for PE inside !
    Great to hear about your context for learning
    Have a fun weekend !
    Mrs Aitken