P6a

This week in Maths we were learning to calculate the missing number. We played a game where we had to wear headbands with a number on it and then had to try and work out which number we were wearing  by looking at our partner’s number and counting up in hundreds, tens and ones.

In Writing this week, as part of our rainforest context for learning, we were describing the setting where our characters lived. We had to use our 5 senses and some great adjectives to make our piece exciting. Some of the adjectives we used were exotic, screeching, thundering, chanting, rough, slippery and vast.

Also, on Wednesday we did our first vertical learning challenge where we had to work in mixed groups of P6 and P7 children to make leaves for our rainforest display. We had to co-operate as a group and work to a time limit which was a challenge for us! 🙂

Here are some pictures of us working as part of our team…

100_2031100_2036 100_2037 100_2034

Sc0tt- My favourite thing this week was making rhythms for our drumming exhibition with Mrs Drummond.

Lexis – I loved getting my double bass home from Mr Horvace. I am learning how to press my second finger when playing a piece of music.

By Scott & Lexis