Our first week back in p7b

This week we did a sponsored event called Jump for Jumpers to raise money to pay for our 2015 p7 hoodies.

Antonia: “We had to do laps of a jumping circuit and it was easy at the start but then my legs started to hurt.”

Lauren U: “We had to do hopping, skipping, jumping through a hoop and bunny hops. I found it really hard.”

Paul: “I found the bunny hops the hardest part because you had to go really low down on your knees.”

Harry: “I found it really hard but I did it and I did 23 laps. I felt awesome!”

In maths this week we have been learning about area:

Kendal: “The area of a shape is the inside of it. The outside is called the perimeter.”

Jay: “To calculate the area you multiply the length and the breadth. So if you had a square which had 5cm sides, you would do 5 x 5 and the area would be 25cm2.”

This weekend, most of the class are heading off to Belgium. The rest of us are staying here and having an exciting week in school:

Flyn: “I’m excited about going to McDonalds next week and getting a hamburger and a Mcflurry and a Fanta and I’m also excited about going swimming.”

Kai: “I’m excited to be staying here because we’re going swimming and I can make my brother jealous!”

Emily: “I’m excited about going to the theme park and it’s going to be fun! I’m also excited about going to the beach.”

Paul: “I’m looking forward to learning about the history of Belgium.”

Jay: “I’m looking forward to staying here and doing the work experience day and seeing what the janitor does. Also the home economics.”

Lauren K: “I’m excited about going to the chocolate factory to see how they make all of the fancy chocolate creations.”

Isla: “I’m looking forward to the bus ride for some reason and also the theme park and the swimming.”

Antonia: “I’m going to Belgium and the bit I’m looking forward to is going to be the bus because I’m sitting with Olivia.”

Finlay: “I’m looking forward to the ferry journey and having bacon and sausages for breakfast.”

Callum:”I’m not going to Belgium and I’m looking forward to doing the work experience day and spending most of the week with Mrs Innes.”

Lauren C: “I’m looking forward to finding out who my roommates are in Belgium.”

Who has impressed?

Flyn: “Mr Welsh has impressed me because he is letting us go to McDonalds and also because he has quickly organised the work experience day for us at the last minute.”

Callum: “My buddy Kai impressed me by writing a good story and getting pupil of the week from Miss Holwill.”

Kendal: “The whole class has impressed me by doing so well with the Jump for Jumpers event.”

Declan: “Paul has impressed me by beating his Big Maths score by two points.”

Paul: “Harry impressed me by doing 23 laps in the Jump for Jumpers which was the most out of everyone.”

Jay: “Declan improved his score by 17 points in Big Maths and that impressed me!”

Lauren C: “Kendal impressed me because she worked her absolute hardest in the Jump for Jumpers even though she felt she was going to faint.”

Antonia: “Lauren K has impressed me with how well she is doing in music.”

Taylor: “Antonia has impressed me by getting high scores all the time in Big Maths.”

Mr Berginis: “I have been really impressed with how hard the class has worked this week in everything we have done and how settled and well behaved they have been. I also thought they all worked very, very hard in the Jump for Jumpers event.”

One thought on “Our first week back in p7b”

1. Hope everyone has a great time this week – whether in Belgium or staying at home! It looks as though lots of activities are planned – have fun!!