Literacy in Class B

This week we practised our spelling words using Minecraft writing!

‘Minecraft writing is a bit like robot writing! You look then you think then cover then reveal and see if it’s correct.’ Cody

Class B have been learning when to use capital letters. We try to remember when to use capital letters but sometimes we forget. This week we have been trying extra hard to use capital letters.

‘At the start of the sentences and the word ‘I’. Cameron

We made posters to display on our Literacy Wall to help us remember when to use capital letters. We’ve been demonstrating our knowledge of when to use capital letters in our writing and some of us also enjoyed playing a capital letters game.

‘The first game was easy because all of the capital letters had to go at the start of the sentences.  The second gam ewas a little bit harder becasue the capital leters were not just for the start.’ Jamie

‘Easy because I like it, I finished the jigsaw and fix the funny sentence.’ Liam

blog 1

Liam enjoys using the class quiet area. In the quiet are you can find lots of books and comics as well as some soft toys to cuddle! Liam loves The Beano but this week decided to read a recipe book instead.

2 thoughts on “Literacy in Class B”

1. Hi Class B
    I agree, sometimes it can be tricky to remember where capital letters go but the more you practise the better you will become at it. Perhaps you could share some of your posters with class M as they are trying hard to remember capital letters at the start of sentences.

2. Hi Class B,

Minecraft writing sounds like a great way to learn your spelling words. I’m going to look out for your capital letters posters when I next visit you all. The quiet area sounds like a great place to go.

Miss Henderson